CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS AT MELBOURNE QUARTER
As Melbourne Quarter continues to transform the Melbourne skyline, take a look with your very own eyes as we document the 12 month progress on site from July 2021 to October 2022.
Here we see Melbourne Quarter Tower, the third and final commercial tower rise. Located directly across from Southern Cross Station and designed by international architects Woods Bagot, the 34-level building will become Medibank’s new national headquarters with the entire building set to be home to circa 15,000 employees.
For those that are construction savvy, here is a bit of lingo on some milestones our tower has reached:
- Ground plane structure is complete – including approx. 170 planks installed over Wurundjeri Way
- Slab pours are ongoing and have reached Level 16
- Construction of the building’s core has now reached Level 20
- Façade installation is now up to Levels 9 and 10
- Structural steel installation has commenced for Level 1 of the Wellness Building
Melbourne Quarter Tower will complete the precinct’s public square and the final phase of the elevated Sky Park, the first of its kind in Melbourne.
Set for completion in 2024, we are excited to see our new neighbourhood grow!